COMPETITION #: 2019-005
POSTING DATE: January 24, 2019
CLOSING DATE: February 7, 2019
ANTICIPATED START DATE: February 20, 2019
BARGAINING UNIT: NURSES UNION
DEPARTMENT: Nursing Long Term Care
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Part time (0.4 FTE)
JOB TITLE/CLASSIFICATION: Registered Nurse - RNCA
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating days, evenings, nights, weekends, Statutory holidays. Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour (Subject to employment status)
JOB PURPOSE: To participate in the planning and giving of total nursing care to meet individual resident needs, in accordance with the philosophy, objectives and policies of the Nursing Homes nursing department. Function as the team leader or member of the Multidisciplinary team in providing theoretical based insights and nursing care to residents that meet the needs of the resident and the required standards established by the Fundy Nursing Home.
- Active registration in New Brunswick.
- Nursing Home/Geriatric experience preferred.
- CPR certification
- Phlebotomy/IV training preferred.
- Must be willing to upgrade education and skills from time to time, as requirements identified.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- High regard for confidentiality.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required..
Philosophy, Objectives and Policies.
- Knows practices and interprets to other staff members the philosophy, objectives and policies of the Nursing Home and Nursing Department. Participates as required in the development of these guiding principles.
- Assessment – participates in the initial and ongoing assessment of physical, psychological and social needs of the resident.
- Assisting trades people and contractors with repairs, renovations and maintenance
- Performing inspections and preventative maintenance activities
- Recording and maintaining operational records and documentation
- Inspecting, testing and installing new equipment.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
Applications for this position must be submitted to Administration office by 10:00 am, February 7, 2019.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
This competition is open to current employees of Fundy Nursing Home. Fundy Nursing Home adheres to all privacy legislation and policies to ensure confidential resident, business, financial and employee information is disclosed only to those authorized to receive it for the purpose of fulfilling their job duties.
Posted January 24, 2019 to February 7, 2019
Customers have questions, you have answers. Display the most frequently asked questions, so everybody benefits.